Jeep Compass 2012 Full Year Analysis

Jeep Compass 2012 sales resultsAnother Jeep to beat a record during 2012. The brand sold 103.321 units* of its compact SUV, and contrary to most of American-made products, USA doesn’t count for a big part of its global sales. Its homeland market counted for 39% of total sales, and is closely followed by China, with 32%. Actually, the Compass was Fiat-Chrysler’s best-selling model in this Asian market (71% of Jeep sales in China). This is a good indicator of how Jeep can succeed in overseas markets, even if it is not a fresh product and is expected to be replaced by 2015. Of course, the Compass is one of the key products to be included in the production plans in China, along with Fiat-GAC. The big jump in China allowed this nameplate to beat a record and offset the falls in USA, and Canada. Italy was its largest European market, ahead of Germany, UK, France and Russia. In 2012 the Compass was introduced in Australia, where it got an excellent result (6th largest market).

In 2012 the Compass achieved a sales record thanks to China and Australia, as its sales fell in other major markets. Source: see at the bottom of this post.

In 2012 the Compass achieved a sales record thanks to China and Australia, as its sales fell in other major markets. Source: see at the bottom of this post.

Compass sales were quite balanced thanks to China, Canada, and Mexico. Source: see at the bottom of this post.

Compass sales were quite balanced thanks to China, Canada, and Mexico. Source: see at the bottom of this post.

In terms of its role in C-SUV segment, the Compass shines in Puerto Rico, with 5,7% market share. It is followed by China (estimated), USA, Canada and Italy with 3% share circa. The Compass isn’t strong in European markets, as competition is quite hard with a strong Nissan Qashqai and VW Tiguan. Jeep is very strong with the Grand Cherokee and Wrangler, but its presence in the C-SUV segment must be improved with the successor of the Compass and Patriot. This segment is the largest in the SUV category in key markets such as Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Italy, Russia, and the UK.

The Compass sales increased in small markets and China, while it didn't have a good year in USA and Canada. Source: see at the bottom of this post.

The Compass sales increased in small markets and China, while it didn’t have a good year in USA and Canada. Source: see at the bottom of this post.

It is an important player in Fiat-Chrysler C-SUV segment. That's why it needs a successor as soon as possible. Source: see at the bottom of this post.

It is an important player in Fiat-Chrysler C-SUV segment. That’s why it needs a successor as soon as possible. Source: see at the bottom of this post.

Click here to see Jeep brand 2012 Full Year Sales Analysis

Click here to see Jeep Wrangler 2012 Full Year Sales Analysis

Click here to see Jeep Grand Cherokee 2012 Full Year Sales Analysis

Source: Fiat Group’s World data basis, Best-Selling cars blogAutoblog Argentina,Automotive AustriaFenabraveRevista MotorSDABilimpMNTTrafi Finland, KFZ Germany, SEAA Greece, Data House Hungary, Carsitaly.netBeepbeep IrelandFocus2move.comUNRAEJaia JapanLPAA LatviaMIA New ZealandCarmarket PolandMotores Magazine PortugalADS Slovenia,Carmag South AfricaANIACAM SpainBilswedenAutoblog.comGood Car Bad Car

* Autoblog.com

 

Advertisements

5 responses to “Jeep Compass 2012 Full Year Analysis

  1. We know that it is the best SUV in its class and launching in India very soon. We would like to buy this SUV.

  2. Compass is a good product – albeit old – and actually very well designed and packaged, at least in Europe where it compares favorably with more premium German and British SUVs, also BECAUSE it IS a JEEP, which as Timberland shoes or RayBan glìììììthought us all, means that even expensive, not top of the line items can become CULT if properly marketed…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s